2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
3 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups Plain/All purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
If you know how to make American style pancakes you can just run with the great recipe above; otherwise, here are the directions how to make the pancakes:
1. Beat the eggs and milk together thoroughly. Stir in the butter or vegetable oil.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients in to evenly distribute the salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, while the griddle is heating; it"ll thicken slightly.
4. Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, or set an electric griddle to 350°F. Lightly grease frying pan or griddle. The pan or griddle is ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
5. Drop serving spoonfuls (approx 1/3 cupful) of batter onto the lightly greased griddle. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, then turn the pancakes and cook the other side till brown. Turn over only once. Serve immediately.
I recommend serving with butter and maple syrup.
And yes, you can make the whole batch and put the leftovers into a ziplock bag to store. Microwave them for about 30 seconds or so for a nice, lazy breakfast the next day.