Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cheesey Chedder Biscuits

It's been a while since I've posted so I figured I would put up somethign quick and easy (even though I have photoes and such of other recipes, I haven't bothered writing them up yet so yea).

So, the ingrediants:

1. 2.5 cups Bisquick baking mix
2. 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated.
3. 3/4 cup whole milk
4. 2 tablespoons butter melted
5. 1/2 stick melted butter (keep seperate from the 2 tablespoons)
6. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
7. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (keep seperate)
8. 1 teaspoon dried thyme.

Note: The origional recipe calls for garlic powder rather than onion,m and parsely flakes rather than thyme. I can't speak for that as I haven't tried it. I'd love ot hear from someone who tries both. I just don't have either garlic powder or parsely leaves here (or, more properly, I didn't see either and I'm not prepared to empty out the cabinet to find out)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine (by hand, it's quite fast) the bisquick, milk, 2 tbsp butter, cheese, 1/4 tsp onion powder.
3.Put dough onto baking sheet in ~1/4 cup sizes (roughly 1.5-2inch diameter) Should make about 12.
4. Combine melted butter, thyme, rest of onion powder.
5. Search for brush. Fail to find one. Grab small spatula and try your best to "brush" the butter mixture onto the tops of the biscuits as a wash.
6. Stick in oven for 15 minutes.
7. Eat.

Possibilities for alterations:
1. Add 1 tsp old bay seasoning to the dough and/or a tsp paprika.
2. Try different cheddars. I used Cracker Barrel Extra-sharp white. You may like something more mellow, or use an aged cheddar for a richer flavor.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Damn, that sounds good! I made banana nut muffins this morning because I had a bunch of uber ripe bananas I couldn't bear throwing away and it was rediculous to even consider eating them all. The muffins were great and super easy. I will post the recipe this weekend.
Meanwhile - I really love the cheese bisquits - I remember making them years ago. Still remember the taste.