Friday, March 30, 2018

Return of the Nieman Marcus Urban Legend Cookie


These are sort of the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. In the US, everyone I ever met knew the legend of the Million Dollar Cookie in one form or another. Here in the UK, no one seems to have ever heard of it. But they do love the cookies when I pass them around. They are easy to make, just follow the recipe step by step. They keep well, just store in ziplock bags.

I originally posted the recipe on this blog in 2009 and it remains unchanged so just pull it up, print up a copy and get baking.

I made a half recipe yesterday because there's only Alan and me and the neighbors to eat them now. It's very easy to halve the recipe; and then I divided that half before I put in the chips, etc. In 2/3 of the cookie dough I put loads of choc chips, pecans, and sultanas. In the other 1/3 I just put in a cup or so of sultanas because Alan had earlier announced to me that he just liked biscuits with sultanas (British for Raisin Cookies). Ok, no Begian dark chocolate chips, no pecans, no craisins. Fine, be that way. So I baked cookies and packed them up separately. In the morning, Alan discovered them before I woke up when he went to make early dawn coffee. So what did he think of the cookies? The Sultana Biscuits were very nice but the other cookies, they were amazing. Arrrrggghhh!!

So, grab the recipe and go forth and bake cookies.

No comments: