Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

If you live in the US, just get out one or two of your nice pie plates to bake this in. If you like in the UK - well, rotsa-ruck as Bugs Bunny used to say. It is almost impossible to find a proper pie plate in the UK and you can almost forget about deep-dish pie plates. Asti was lucky enough to find one - but I think she may have bought it in another country and brought it back here. So if you are in the UK - use a quiche pan or tart pan or as I have, 2 "sandwich" cake pans. (I have no idea why they are called sandwich cake pans but they are cheap and handy to have in your kitchen)

1 comment:

Asti said...

I have managed to hunt down a proper deep dish pie plate at The Cook Shop in Brighton. I make an annual hajj there to get odds and sods.

http://www.mycookshop.com/aboutus.php